Wednesday, January 18, 2012

New Falcons Stadium Being Shoved Down Our Throats

Here's where I roll my eyes.

American men are evidently so enamored with football that, when in positions of power, they're apt to subsidize it at the expense of themselves and every one of their constituents. Did I mention that the Georgia Dome is younger than me, and I'm barely old enough to buy liquor? Did I mention that the Falcons have never, not once, won the Super Bowl? Did I mention that our local economy is performing way worse than the national average, and we don't have money to spare? What else is there to mention?

I resolve to boycott the Falcons if I have to pay a red cent for any new monument to corporatized, televised combat ritual that doubles as a warehouse of slave labor (busboys, janitors, security guards who are treated as fully expendable and worthless--I've been there. Ask me about it).

No comments:

Post a Comment