Thursday, November 10, 2011

The End May Be in Sight for Peachtree-Pine

I have some possible good news, courtesy of my favorite free publication in town. I'm a touch skeptical that anything will really be done, as usual, but in any case, according to the article, the Beatys are falling on hard times, and the tuberculosis story is further spreading, hopefully unlike the disease itself.

Do keep in mind, whenever you hear mention of this shelter, that Anita has recruited several volunteers to help evangelize in favor of the Task Force. I watched one on Channel 26, actually; he was at City Council on 1 November (Windows Media), delivering what I can only describe as a lofty rant. Notably, Joyce Sheperd angrily threatened to remove an audience member, inaudible on television, who had been talking to another during the tirade.

For anybody who is interested, by the way, City Council meets often, and the meetings are, of course, completely free and open to the public. I might be there every now and then.

1 comment:

  1. I wonder if you have entertained the possibility that many people might actually disagree with you, and don't have to be "recruited" to tell you so, in multiple fora.

    ReplyDelete