Tuesday, November 29, 2011

You Really Can Say Something

Due to unforseen circumstances, I literally phoned in this post, and have just now had the chance to edit it. However, I wanted to let everyone know that my attendance at the City Council meeting today went very well. I had a conversation with some higher ranking people in the police department and they were very receptive to my concerns.

I was advised by Council, however, that neighborhood organizations are an ideal first stop if one wishes to discuss important issues. Every resident of the city is entitled to attend monthly meetings at their local NPU. Many other neighborhood groups also exist, such as the Downtown Neighborhood Association, which meets just as often. Usually, City Council meets with a predetermined agenda of items to discuss and vote on, and it is imperative to at least know some of these.

I encourage everybody with concerns to attend the City Council public meetings relevant to those concerns; if you articulate them well enough, the response you get may surprise you.

No comments:

Post a Comment